Anchorage Concert Association announces its 2017/2018 season
Melissa Etheridge, Straight No Chaser and Pink Martini are among the more than 25 shows
Anchorage, AK – The Anchorage Concert Association, the state’s largest arts and entertainment presenter, is bringing cult classics, YouTube sensations, a cappella masters and crowd favorites to Alaska for its 2017/2018 season.
Rock star Melissa Etheridge and her band will open the season Thursday and Friday, Sept. 14-15, 2017, in the Atwood Concert Hall.
Among the returning favorites are Pink Martini, The Capitol Steps, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, The Moth, Cantus, and Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox. Other highlights include Straight No Chaser, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Sweet Honey in the Rock and Storm Large. Indie artists The Ballroom Thieves, La Santa Cecilia, The Moxie Strings, Davina and the Vagabonds, and others will share their unique voices and concerts with Alaska. Hawaiian legends Keola Beamer and Henry Kapono take audiences on a trip to the Islands.
In time for the next movie installment in the Star Wars franchise, actor Charles Ross condenses the original trilogy into a 90-minute, one-man show. “Menopause the Musical” offers a hilarious celebration of women and the change.
This season’s Broadway in Anchorage shows will dazzle audiences with fairy godmothers, flesh-eating plants and seedy nightclub singers. “Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella” is the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical from the creators of “The Sound of Music” and “South Pacific” that’s delighting audiences across the country with its contemporary take on the classic tale. A deviously delicious horror comedy rock musical, “Little Shop of Horrors” has devoured the hearts of theatregoers for more than 30 years, and “Cabaret” is the Tony Award-winning musical about following your heart while the world loses its way.
Subscriptions of three or more shows are available to the public beginning Monday, April 24. People can subscribe online at www.anchorageconcerts.org, in person at the Anchorage Concert Association office, 430 W 7th Ave Suite 200, and by calling 907-272-1471. Packages start at $80.
Tickets for most individual shows will go on sale in August. Tickets to Melissa Etheridge, Cinderella and The Nutcracker will go on sale in July.
Anchorage Concert Association 2017/2018 Season List
- Melissa Etheridge, Sept. 14-15, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- The Ballroom Thieves, Sept. 22, 2017, Discovery Theatre
- Straight No Chaser, Sept. 30, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- Cantus, Oct. 6, 2017, Discovery Theatre
- Keola Beamer & Henry Kapono, Oct. 13, 2017, Discovery Theatre
- Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox, Oct. 20, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- Rodgers + Hammerstein’s CINDERELLA, Oct. 24-29, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- Storm Large, Nov. 4, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- La Santa Cecilia, Nov. 10, 2017, Discovery Theatre
- The Nutcracker, featuring Eugene Ballet Company, Nov. 24-26, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- One Man Star Wars Trilogy, Dec. 1-2, 2017, Discovery Theatre
- Sweet Honey in the Rock, Dec. 8, 2017, Atwood Concert Hall
- The Moxie Strings, Jan. 19, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Jan. 20, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- Piano Battle, Jan. 26, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- Davina and the Vagabonds, Feb. 2, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- Squirrel Nut Zippers, Feb. 9, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- The Moth, Feb. 14, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- Little Shop of Horrors, Feb. 20-25, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- International Guitar Night, March 2, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- TAIKOPROJECT, March 9, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- The Quebe Sisters, March 10, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- The Capitol Steps, March 16, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- Dervish, March 24, 2018, Atwood Concert Hall
- Menopause the Musical, April 3-8, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- Huntertones, April 13, 2018, Discovery Theatre
- Cabaret, April 24-29, Atwood Concert Hall
- Pink Martini, May 12, Atwood Concert Hall
ANCHORAGE CONCERT ASSOCIATION
The Anchorage Concert Association is the largest arts and entertainment presenter in Alaska. With a mission to entertain and inspire Alaskans through the performing arts, the Anchorage Concert Association presents internationally acclaimed artists from the entire spectrum of the performing arts. Learn more at anchorageconcerts.org.
# # #