In addition to bringing world-class performances to Alaska, Anchorage Concert Association visiting artists connect with our community through workshops, house concerts, secret shows, and other events.
Anchorage Concert Association also offers opportunities for Anchorage-area students to enjoy the arts. Artists visit schools and hold field-trip style performances for students at the theatre.
Our priority is to make our community a place with great access to the performing arts.
- Nearly 10,000 youth and adults participated in outreach events in 2017/2018 season
- Hundreds of underserved students participated free of charge
- 5,300+ tickets donated to nonprofit social service organizations and their clients
- 90 local youth dancers in annual Nutcracker performances
- 29 different artists in the 17/18 season
- Nearly 70,000 tickets sold
- Wide array of diverse shows, from emerging bands to the biggest names on Broadway
- Opportunities for local and touring artists to collaborate and share the stage
-Numbers from 2017/2018 season
Join us before many shows for a pre-show party! These events are generally held in the Sky Bridge or the Voth Hall at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts before select shows, and feature wine and appetizers from a local restaurant partner.
Pre- or Post-Show Talks
Enhance your concert experience with these free talks held in the theatre before many performances. A local expert will give insight into the type of performance you are about to see and give you background information on the artist. On occasion, the artists join as well. You do not need to be a ticket holder to attend these talks.
Talks for 2019/2020 season shows:
- Che Apalache - Friday, Sept. 20 - pre-show talk
- The Improvised Shakespeare Company - Saturday, Oct. 12 - pre-show talk
- Sammy Miller and The Congregation - Friday, Nov. 8 - pre-show talk
- International Guitar Night - Saturday, Jan. 18 - pre-show talk
- Las Cafeteras - Friday, Jan. 24 - post-show Q&A
- Kalani Pe'a - Friday, Jan. 31 - post-show Q&A
- The Capitol Steps - Saturday, Feb. 1 - pre-show community conversation
- The Moth Mainstage - Thursday, Feb. 13 - pre-show talk
- Portland Cello Project - Friday, March 6 - pre-show talk
- Music City Hit Makers - Friday, March 13 - pre-show talk
- Ensemble Mik Nawooj - Saturday, April 4 - pre-show talk
- We Shall Overcome - Friday, April 10 - pre-show talk
For questions regarding any of our events, please call (907) 272-1471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.