In addition to bringing world-class performances to Anchorage, Anchorage Concert Association visiting artists connect with our community through workshops, house concerts, secret shows, and other events. Anchorage Concert Association also offers opportunities for Anchorage-area students to enjoy the arts. Artists visit schools and hold field-trip style performances for students at the theatre. Our priority is to make our community a place with great access to the performing arts.
2015/2016 inspiration and entertainment
Join us before many shows for a pre-show party! These events are generally held in the Sky Bridge or the Voth Hall at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts before select shows, and feature wine and appetizers from a local restaurant partner.
Upcoming pre-show parties for 2018/2019 season shows will be posted late summer 2018.
Pre- or Post-Show Talks
Enhance your concert experience with these free talks held in the theatre before many performances. A local expert will give insight into the type of performance you are about to see and give you background information on the artist. On occasion, the artists join as well. You do not need to be a ticket holder to attend these talks.
Talks for 2018/2019 season shows:
- Ozomatli & Flor de Toloache - Saturday, Sept. 29 - pre-show talk
- The Sweet Remains - Friday, Oct. 5 - pre-show talk
- ALAXSXA | ALASKA - Friday, Oct. 5 and Saturday, Oct. 6 - post-show Q&A
- Vusi Mahlasela - Friday, Oct. 12 - pre-show talk
- Lucky Chops - Saturday, Nov. 10 - pre-show talk
- The New Standards Holiday Show - Saturday, Dec. 1 - pre-show talk
- International Guitar Night - Saturday, Jan. 19 - pre-show talk
- Across the Great Divide - Saturday, Jan. 19 - pre-show talk
- Kaumakaiwa Kanaka'ole - Friday, Jan. 25 - post-show Q&A
- The Second City - Saturday, Feb. 2 - pre-show talk
- The Moth Mainstage - Wednesday, Feb. 13 - pre-show talk
- Joan Osborne Sings the Songs of Bob Dylan - Friday, Feb. 22 - pre-show talk
- The Secret Sisters - Friday, March 15 - pre-show talk
- JigJam - Friday, March 22 - pre-show talk
- Break of Reality - Friday, March 29 - post-show Q&A
For questions regarding any of our events, please call (907) 272-1471 or email email@example.com.