Music City Hit Makers
Legendary songwriters perform with the symphony
Friday, March 13, 2020
7:30 p.m. // Atwood Concert Hall
The Songs, Their Stories, A Symphony
You know these songs by heart. You sing along with them in the car at the top of your lungs.
What you don’t know are stories behind them. Music City Hit Makers is part storytelling, part comedy, and all country with 15 #1 country songs performed by the songwriters themselves.
“If they sing it, they wrote it.” In the tradition of songwriters-in-the-round made famous by Nashville’s Bluebird Café, you’ll hear the hits of some of Nashville’s biggest superstars -- with a symphonic twist featuring musicians from Anchorage Symphony Orchestra.
The songwriters coming to Anchorage have penned songs made famous by Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, and Brad Paisley. Lee Thomas Miller had hits with "Whiskey and You" (Chris Stapleton) and "In Color" (Jamey Jonson). The Warren Brothers' hits include "Anyway" (Martina McBride), "The Lucky One" (Faith Hill), and "Red Solo Cup" (Toby Keith).
With a combined 150+ #1 hits, scores of Grammy, CMA, and ACM Awards, and three Hall of Famers, Music City Hit Makers likes to call their roster of songwriters “The Most Famous People You Never Heard Of.”
TYPE OF EVENING
Legendary songs and songwriters
A peek into the writer’s studio
Country music night
Nashville night in Alaska
WHAT TO EXPECT
Stories behind your favorite hits
Your cowboy boots and best blue jeans
Subscribe & save! Tickets start at $28 with a subscription of three or more shows. Tickets for just this show start at $33.75.
Some of the hits by Lee Thomas Miller
- Whiskey And You - Chris Stapleton
- In Color - Jamey Johnson
- You’re Gonna Miss This - Trace Adkins
- I'm Still A Guy - Brad Paisley
- It Ain't My Fault - Brothers Osborne
- Southern Girl - Tim McGraw
- Days of America - Blackhawk
- That's Cool - Blue County
- People Loving People - Garth Brooks
- I Just Wanna Be Mad - Terri Clark
- Men Don't Change - Amy Dalley
- Good Kind of Crazy - Amy Dalley
- Nothin' to Die For - Tim McGraw
Some of the hits by The Warren Brothers
- Anyway - Martina McBride
- The Lucky One - Faith Hill
- The Highway Don't Care – Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift
- Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
- Feel That Fire - Dierks Bentley
- Felt Good on My Lips - Tim McGraw
- Little Bit of Everything - Keith Urban
- Drink to That All Night – Jerrod Niemann
- Every Time I Hear That Song – Blake Shelton
- If You're Reading This – Tim McGraw
- Lights Come On – Jason Aldean
- Sober Saturday Night – Chris Young
- Wrong Baby Wrong Baby Wrong – Martina McBride
Anchorage Concert Association and CenterTix box office are the only authorized sellers of tickets to this show.