Show and COVID-19 Updates
Updated June 25, 2020
Fall 2020 Shows Suspended
The show will go on, but we must wait
In the interest of the health and safety of our community, the Anchorage Concert Association board and staff, in communication with our partners around the country and at the PAC, have made the difficult decision to suspend the presentation of Anchorage Concert Association’s shows until 2021.
Live shows on hold. Connection is not.
Anchorage Concert Association is working on options to safely present shows again. We look forward to seeing you at the theatre after this extended intermission. Until then, we offer something to watch while we wait, together at home.
The King and I, The Piano Guys, and Meow Meow Rescheduled
Several spring shows, including Music City Hit Makers, Eileen Ivers, Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio, and Ensemble Mik Nawooj, were cancelled due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Unfortunately we were not able to reschedule those concerts at this time. We have rescheduled The King and I, The Piano Guys and Meow Meow's upcoming shows.
- The King and I has been rescheduled to Feb. 16-21, 2021.
- Meow Meow has been rescheduled to March 12, 2021.
- The Piano Guys has been rescheduled to Sept. 18, 2021. (new reschedule date)
We at Anchorage Concert Association appreciate your support and investment in our community by purchasing tickets. Your investment is safe, and we will work with you on options during this challenging time.
We encourage ticket holders to hold on to your tickets for rescheduled shows. We look forward to seeing you at the theatre again!
What are my options?
- Keep your tickets for rescheduled performances. Please let us know if you plan to save your seats for postponed performances. If you have already let us know you will keep your tickets, you are good to go! Your tickets will be valid for the same seats and the same corresponding day and time. See you at the theatre
- Donate the value of your tickets. As a nonprofit arts organization, Anchorage Concert Association relies on the audience we serve. By making a donation in lieu of requesting a refund, you are providing vital support for the music and musicians that inspire and connect our community.
- Subscribers: Apply your tickets to next season’s subscription.
- Receive a refund for your ticket purchase.
- CenterTix box office will refund tickets purchased through them. Please contact CenterTix box office to receive a refund. You may email them at email@example.com or leave a message at (907) 263-2787.
- Anchorage Concert Association will refund tickets purchased as part of a subscription. Request a subscription refund or credit here..
Where's my brochure?
An update on shows from Executive Director Jason Hodges, May 2020
As much as I want to share Anchorage Concerts’ season of events with you, we are unable to do so right now.
Because of coronavirus, we are without clear guidelines from our health officials about public gathering sizes in Anchorage and travel restrictions to and from Alaska. Without that knowledge, we are not able to make formal announcements about shows for the fall.
The Show Will Go On
A message from Executive Director Jason Hodges, March 2020
Our world changed quickly with the spread of COVID-19 and with the mandates from our community officials to temporarily stop large public gatherings. Once that decision was made for our community’s health and safety, the staff of Anchorage Concert Association, in conjunction with the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, our partners across the state, and the many artists we had scheduled to come to Anchorage, began to cancel and postpone shows for the rest of this season.
The show will go on, and it will happen with your continued faith and support in our work at the Anchorage Concert Association.
Please consider turning your tickets to cancelled shows into a donation.
The challenges being faced by Anchorage Concert Association and our community during this unprecedented time are tremendous, but you can make a difference right now. Please turn the value of your tickets into a tax-deductible donation to Anchorage Concert Association. Know that a portion of each ticket donated back to Anchorage Concerts will go directly to the artists impacted by these cancellations.Turn my tickets into a donation
All ticket holders can donate their tickets or opt for a refund
If you are a subscriber (if you purchased a bundle of 3 or more shows through Anchorage Concert Association this season), you also have the option of applying the value of your purchased tickets toward your next subscription.
Please email Anchorage Concert Association or complete the corresponding online form if you would like to turn your tickets into a donation or apply them to a subscription credit. You may call and leave a message at (907) 272-1471.
- The CenterTix box office will refund tickets purchased through them.
- Anchorage Concert Association will refund tickets purchased as part of a subscription.
If you have any questions about your tickets, you may leave a message for the CenterTix box office at (907) 263-2787 or email Anchorage Concert Association. Please note that Anchorage Concert Association office, the PAC and CenterTix box office are closed to the public. Employees are working remotely and checking emails and voicemails.
Thank you for supporting performing arts in Anchorage. We will continue to bring artists and shows to Alaska that inspire and enhance community, and we hope to see you at the theatre again soon.
Think you can do more? Consider making a donation to Anchorage Concerts today.
Our hearts and well wishes go out to everyone who has been affected by this pandemic. Please take care of yourselves and each other.
Thank you for your support and patience during this crisis. We look forward to being with you at the theatre again!
Anchorage Concert AssociationTurn my tickets into a donation Donate to Anchorage Concert Association Keep My Tickets (rescheduled shows) Get a refund or credit (subscribers) Get a refund (Tickets purchased through CenterTix)
Anchorage Concert Association office is closed to the public, and employees are working remotely due to coronavirus (COVID-19) in Alaska. We are checking voicemails and emails. Please leave us messages or email us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support and be well.