The Nutcracker with Ballet West
Make time for joy
Friday-Sunday, Nov. 29-Dec. 1, 2019
Atwood Concert Hall
Sponsored By: ConocoPhillips Alaska
Feel the warmth and wonder of the holiday spirit when the curtain goes up at The Nutcracker. In honor of the 30th anniversary of this cherished tradition in Anchorage, Ballet West, the premier dance company that first performed The Nutcracker at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, returns. Their glorious production features fantastical sets, costumes, and special effects that leave audiences spellbound and cheering for more, accompanied by live music from the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra and young Alaska dancers.
With Willam Christensen’s historic choreography and Tchaikovsky’s famous score, there’s no better way to kick off the holiday season with your family than this timeless classic. Create memories for years to come this Thanksgiving weekend with The Nutcracker.
TYPE OF EVENING
WHAT TO EXPECT
Marvelous journey to a fantasy wonderland
A child-like love for the holidays
Subscriptions with The Nutcracker are now closed. Tickets for just The Nutcracker start at $44 for adults and $29.50 for
youth through CenterTix box office.
The New York Times called Ballet West’s Nutcracker “the best in the United States!”
This Thanksgiving Weekend, experience the magic for yourself.
Friday, Nov. 29 - 2 p.m. - Atwood Concert Hall
Friday, Nov. 29 - 7:30 p.m. - Atwood Concert Hall
Saturday, Nov. 30 - 2 p.m. - Atwood Concert Hall
Saturday, Nov. 30 - 7:30 p.m. - Atwood Concert Hall
Sunday, Dec. 1 - 1 p.m. - Atwood Concert Hall
Sunday, Dec. 1 - 5:30 p.m. - Atwood Concert Hall
All performances at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts. Runs approximately 2 hours including intermission.
Anchorage Concert Association and CenterTix box office are the only authorized sellers of tickets to this show.
Plan your outingGet answers to frequently asked questions and tips to enhance your experience
Should my child come to the show?
We encourage parents to research each artist/show and determine if it's right for their family. Tips for bringing kids to the theatre
Out of courtesy for others, please refrain from bringing babes-in-arms to the theatre. Everyone entering the performance must have a ticket, regardless of age.
Youth tickets for ages 18 and under start at $29.50 (select all seats and then change any to youth price in your cart).
Holiday Tree Lighting - Saturday, Nov. 30
Visit Anchorage Downtown Partnership's annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony before or after The Nutcracker on Saturday, November 30! This free event features activities 5-7:30pm in Town Square Park, right outside the PAC. Learn more
The Nutcracker by the numbers
- 30 years Anchorage Concert Association has presented The Nutcracker at the PAC
- 87 Alaska dancers ages 8 to 17, including Libby Jabaay & Siobhan Witty-Daugherty, who will share the iconic role of Clara. Local dancers auditions are held each September and are coordinated by Alaska Dance Theatre.
- 50 professional dancers with Ballet West
- 59 Alaska musicians with Anchorage Symphony Orchestra
- 20+ Alaska stagehands working behind-the-scenes with 25 Ballet West artistic and production staff
- 24 monolithic sets, more than 180 costumes, and nearly 200 props in Ballet West’s production
- 806 Swarovski crystals on each tutu, hand-sewn with 16-yards of tulle. Each tutu takes 40 hours to create!
- 350+ Alaska volunteers who contribute their time to lobby activities, and ushering during the dress rehearsal and public performances
Anchorage Concert Association office will be closed Wednesday-Sunday, Nov. 27-Dec. 1. CenterTix box office will be open 2 hours before each performance. See you at the theatre!